Monday 7 December 2015

Celts (2)

Not much progress this last week, but I did manage to cough, sneeze and drool my way into painting up and basing a couple of my Celts prisoners of war that I'll be using in the arena as 'victims'.
OK I know, they certainly won't win any painting competitions, but they're good enough from my perspective as 'counters' and at least I think that there's no confusion as to what they're meant to be.
Here's a few photographs of the two of them individually.

Side view
First off, naked man, probably meant to be the archetypal  naked fanatic so beloved of wargamers, but would probably never be allowed in the arena naked - the Romans were quite prudish it turns out when it came to public nudity - who'd have thought it ?
(As an aside, there are a lot of bare-chested female Gladiator models out there too that would fall into the same category, but they're still popular !)
Armed with a long-sword (Spatha ?) and large shield (both ideas nicked by the Romans I believe), I'm thinking he'll have a hard time of it against a trained Gladiator










Bum view
Hidden head  view
Obvious front view
Front (ish) view
The second figure probably stands a little more chance being armed with a spear and longsword.
I'm unhappy with the shield colouring, it looks too much like a 'modern' colour rather than the faded 'period' one I was aiming for.
 Once more he's unarmed, but at least he's wearing 'trousers' and 'shoes' - protecting his pride, if nothing else.













Side(ish) view

Rear view
Proper side view


That's it for this week, I'm sure you can detect that I'm getting a bit desperate for things to post about, so I'll revert to showing what I've done to another HaT box of figures next week - "Celteberians", that has some very useful figures imo for the arena.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Zabadak, Its good to see that i'm not the only one painting mens butts at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie, I hope like mine they're on miniatures ( and I hope you're keeping well)

      Delete
  2. Like the figures a lot. Would be nice to also see some photographs showing them in action with their opponents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, I intend to do some groups shots of all the figures i've finished very soon.

      Delete